Opera IX: Sepulcro





Embed video code:


Sepulcro lyrics:
I'm alone the night wind's blowing on my face
and the branches of the trees are crying
in the big empty of this night.
Step by step along the shadow path
the black cloak of darkness opens the door
in the place of eternal silence.
Wha strange emotions are striking my body
an obscure quiet is leading my mind
my hands are touching the wet trees
and the undergrowth is making my way blind among
the mossy stones in the realm of the dead.
The old ivy-mantled gate is creaking
while I am opening the door of the whisper crypt.
What a morbid force my soul has
a hidden god is leading my steps.
I am going down is this wet stairs in the stiffing dark
only the noise of a drop
of water is stressing the passing time
I'm alone in this sepulcro.
I humble being pieteously observe the men's fragilty.
Putrid bones put upon marble sacella
are waiting for nothing
while the cobwebs are covering the ancient effigies
everything's resting in a monumental silence here
everything is forgotten here.
I alone in this sepulcro will bring these relics
back to life with my profane action.
This is a sacred profanation
that will give life to death
the eternal life of memory.

Alone in this sepulcro.

About Opera IX:
Opera IX was created in 1988 by Ossian. In 1990 they made the first demo tape "Gothik". After many line-up changes, the band reached a certain stability with Cadaveria's vocals, Ossian at guitar, Vlad at bass and Flegias at drums. The band's early "occult metal" was switched to a more atmospheric mix of Gothic, Death, and Black metal. The second demo, which contained 4 'cult' songs, made the band known in the entire underground scene; Opera IX then received a contract for a 7" EP, which came out in 1993. The first 500 copies were sold out in only 2 months. In the meantime the band realized their first video "The Triumph Of The Death" contained 2 videos; the great success obtained pushed the band to include it on the merchandise, even if it was conceived only for promotion. (more)

Tags: , , , , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments

Post a Comment

<< Home